RSW, ACSW, CSWM, MCMI, ISO Auditor, FHKPCA
Social Work Supervision & Professional Development;
Human Service Management;
Human Capital Development;
Social Work Theory and Practice;
Social Work Education;
Social Work with Drug Abusers
Innovations and Explorations in Social Service Administration
DSW Thesis Seminar and Proposal Development
Human Capital Development
Principles & Methods of Social Service Administration
MSW Integrative Project
1. Tsui, M. S., & Cheung, F. C. H. (2004). “Gone with the wind: The impacts of managerialism on human services”. The British Journal of Social Work, 34, 437-442.
2. Tsui, M. S. (2005). Social Work Supervision: Contexts and Concepts. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
3. Tsui, M. S. (2005). “Functions of social work supervision in Hong Kong”.International Social Work, 48(4), 485-493
4. Tsui, M. S. Ho, W.S., & Lam, C. M. (2005). “The use of supervisory authority in Chinese cultural context”. Administration in Social Work, 29(4), 51-68.
5. Tsui, M. S. (2006). “Hopes and dreams: Ideal supervision for social workers in Hong Kong”. Asia Pacific Journal of Social Work and Development, 16(1), 33-42.
6. Tsien, T.B.K., & Tsui, M.S. (2007). “A participative learning and teaching model: The partnership of students and teachers in practice teaching’’. Social Work Education, 26(4), 348-358.
7. Yan, M.C., & Tsui, M.S. (2007). “The quest for western social work: Literature in the USA and practice in China’’. International Social Work, 50(5), 641-653.
8. Chan, C., Tsui, M. S., Ho, W.S., Chan, M., & Hong, J. (2008). “A virtual learning environment for part-time MASW students: An evaluation of the WebCT”. Journal of Teaching in Social Work, 28(1/2), 87-100.
9. Chu, W.C.K., & Tsui, M.S. (2008). “The nature of practice wisdom in social work revisited”. International Social Work, 51(1). 47-54.
10. Tsui, M. S. (2008). “An adventure of re-searching the nature of social work supervision in the Chinese culture”. Submitted to Qualitative Social Work, 7(3), 349-362.
11. Tsui, M. S., & Cheung, F. C. H. (2008). “Social work administration revisited: A re-examination of concepts, context, and content”. Journal of Social Work, 9(2), 148-157.
12. Chu, W. C. K., Tsui, M. S., & Yan, M.C. (2009) “Social work as moral and political practice”. International Social Work, 52(3). 287-298
13. Guo, W.H., & Tsui, M.S. (2009). “From resilience to resistance: A reconstruction of the
strengths perspective in social work practice”. International Social Work, 53(2), 233-245.
(Dr. Francis Turner Prize - The Best International Social Work Article in 2010)
14. O’Donoghue, K.,& Tsui, M.S. (2012). Towards a professional supervision culture: The development of social work supervision in New Zealand. International Social Work, 55(1), 5-28.
15. O’Donoghue, K.,& Tsui, M.S. (2012). In search of an informed supervisory practice: An exploratory study.Practice: Social Work in Action, 24(1), 3-20
16. O’Leary, P., Tsui, M. S., & Ruch, G. (2013). The boundaries of the social work relationship revisited: Towards a connected, inclusive and dynamic conceptualization. British Journal of Social Work 43, 135-153, (BJSW Editors' Choice)
17. Yan, M.C., Tsui, M. S., Chu, W. C.K., & Pak, C. M. (2013). A profession with dual foci: Are we losing the balance? China Journal of Social Work, 5(2). 163-172